Thursday 9 July 2009

Message from our Marketing Intern

Hi everyone!


My name is Annerieke and I have been the Marketing Intern at the London School of English for the past few months. I come from the Netherlands and before I started working here, I had never been in the UK before. The first few weeks when I started working here it took me a while to get used to everything, get to know the people and find my way around here. However, I really enjoyed working at the school. I think there is a really open atmosphere – the fact that almost every student comes on his/her own, makes people interact and mingle a lot with other students. Also the LSE staff has always been very helpful to me and always willing to help whenever I had questions.


Everybody is being encouraged to speak English as often as possible and most of the time you have no other choice, as students come from all over the world. I have had a great time and I met lots of interesting people (which might also be quite useful for my travel plans in the future ;)). Unfortunately, most of the students at Holland Park were only staying here for not more than 6 weeks, so I had to say goodbye very often as I was staying at the school for almost 5 months.


I have also learned a lot; not only about Marketing & Sales and the English language, but also about different cultures. It is very interesting to mingle with people coming from parts of the world that I can only imagine what they look like.

The city of London is just amazing. There are so many things to do; whatever you are looking for – it is all here: a vibrant nightlife, shops, pubs, bars, gigs, museums, festivals, etc. I am just a country girl and London is too big for me to live here all my life – but it was a great experience.


Thank you LSE!


Annerieke

No comments:

Post a Comment